Sunday, December 30, 2018

Week 6...(Family letter and responses to questions asked)

(Response to Mom's weekly letter)

Hola Familia!! That Christmas call was just what I needed that day. It was seriously just a perfect day. We all cried together for a little after we all hung up but it was only hard for about an hour so that was good! Luckily we had a movie that we went to right after that. And then David Archuletta came and performed for us and it was so awesome!! We all got to meet him after. Again sorry if some of this is similar to the weekly email. Just bare with me. I can't wait to talk to you all again in 3 days. 

From what I know it sounds like I will be going to Cochabamba for sure on Tuesday. I will find out today for sure. But let's hope for the best. I am getting super nervous for it tho. I don't speak nearly as much Spanish as I need to. I was able to sit down and talk one on one with my teacher Hermana Crane for a while about all my fears and expectations and she really helped me out a lot. I really lucked out with the best teachers in the MTC. 

This week when Elder Bednar talked about personal revelation I really took it to heart and decided that I needed to really seek that person revelation. A few days later... IT HAPPENED. I was in a lesson teaching someone named Lisa and we were talking about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and specifically baptism when a scripture popped into my head to share with her. I did it and she reacted really well. Next my companion Elder Hernandez (we had different companions for this activity) was explaining really well why we needed to be baptized because she asked why it was important because she had already been baptized. I had the thought to ask her if she had received the Holy Ghost after her baptism like the picture in our pamphlet shows. She said no and I was able to explain, in Spanish, that that is why she needed to be baptized and she committed to baptism! Jajaja I know it was just a role play but we were supposed to be acting like really people so I count it. She definitely wasn't easy on us. But it was so cool to feel the Lord working through me. 

I sent a package home with Sister Holman, at least dropped one off. Hopefully that gets to you soon there are some time sensitive items in it. Also if you could send my small Spanish Predicad Mi Evangelio to me that would be awesome! They don't have any around here ever. 

Les amo mucho!!!
Elder Mason

(Response to Dad's weekly letter)

Hola Papa.  I love the memes this week.  Especially the top on about the music.  I definitely related to that on a spiritual level.  I am hoping and praying that I am going to Bolivia straight away.  We will find out today for sure if we are going or if we are getting transferred.  Let's hope for the best.  I am hoping to see Sean in the airport.  That would be super awesome.

We were suggested to read that talk by Elder Uchtdorf by one of our many teachers.  I have probably read/listened to it 3 or 4 times since then.  It is my favorite.  This week for Christmas we actually focused a lot more on the life of Christ rather than just His birth.  It really made me have a much greater appreciation for it.  

Every person I have talked to says it takes about 4 months to get comfortable with the language so let's hope that comes super quick.  I am getting more and more comfortable with it every day but man oh man is it hard.  One of the hardest things I have ever had to do in my life!

I am laughing that mom is keeping that note card jajaja.  I probably touched that things once.  There is no way it smells like me, but it is good to know that I am loved and missed.

Also Joe Ingles is probably one of the most depressing characters now.  I am a little ashamed to call myself a Jazz fan after that move.  But here we are.

Love you dad!!!!
Elder Mason

(Additional Responses sent back and forth during the day)

Yeah it was good to have everyone.  It was hard but it wasn't too bad.  Like I said I was good after about an hour.  And yeah David Archuleta was amazing.  He would tell stories before each of the songs he sang so it as way cool.  He also sang 3 songs in Spanish.  I am honestly super glad I am not in Mexico City.  Everything I needed was here and I wouldn't have experienced a lot of it.  Also we should be good for Bolivia but I will keep you updated.

God really is good.  I have experienced his love and help so much in such little time.  It's been so awesome to see.  Also I put some pants in that box to Susan because they were ripped at the bottom and needed a sewing machine so I guess I might not have those pants on my mission which sucks cuz they were my best pair.  It's all good though.  And I will be able to get packages Monday just not Tuesday.  I guess technically I might still be able to get those pants from you but we will just have to see.  By the way packing sucks.  I don't know you did it so easy.  We have been working on it tonight and will finish Monday.  Hopefully it goes better Monday.  Love you!













No comments:

Post a Comment