Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Made it to Bolivia!!!

(Letter we received this morning after 27 hours of travel)

Hola familia!! Estoy aqui en Bolivia. We are currently at the mission home and we get to write home and say that we made it. It is super super different here and super super confusing and overwhelming but it is absoluetely beautiful. The food is pretty good too. From what I have tried at least. I am getting destroyed with the Spanish already but it will come soon. All the elders I have met so far are really cool! Love you all a ton. I will talk to you soon!

(A tender mercy)

Before Kolbe left for his mission he became really good friends with Sean Hollaway.  They actually got their calls on the same day and they were supposed to leave a day apart but some things happened that delayed Sean's departure date and he ended up leaving later then Kolbe.  That later date happened to be January 1st, the same day Kolbe was supposed to leave the MTC for Bolivia.  Long story short, they were both flying out, Sean to the MTC in Columbia and Kolbe to Bolivia that morning and their flights were only 45 minutes apart.  I sent Kolbe Sean's flight itinerary and I sent Kolbe Sean's and they are able to see each other at the airport before they both departed for their missions.  We were able to talk to Kolbe at the airport on one of his layovers and he told us that is was an awesome reunion between the 2 of them.  I guess Kolbe was waiting at the top of the escalator for Sean after he came through security and when he saw him he put his arms in the air (like a victory cheer) and Sean did the same thing when he saw Kolbe and then they embraced and Sean just started sobbing.  When I talked to Sean's mom later that day to let her know they had seen each other and that it was an awesome reunion between them she told me she was so thankful and that it was such a tender mercy because Sean was really struggling that morning.  I've realized that God really is in the details of our lives and when we stop and recognize it, we are blown away with how much he really is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment