Hello everyone!! First of all thank you to everyone that has reached out to me. Your support really means a lot to me. Also thanks for the christmas cards!! If any of you want to send your Christmas card I am hanging them all on my closet!!
This week was a little all over the place. The start of the week was super rough. All our friends were leaving and we have 3 more weeks here in the MTC. It is starting to feel a little bit like a prison because we never see anything other than about a mile square radius of walking around. It is the same thing every day but we are trying to mix things up a little so it isn't so bad. And really I love this place. It is such a spiritual and special place and I have grown so much in the 3 weeks that I have been here. My man Elder Atkinson got to leave to go ride the Frontrunner to Salt Lake to get his Visa and was able to teach a lady on the train which is super awesome! For those of you that know me best you know I love McDonald's more than most things and I have been having minor withdrawals from it. Anyways, good ole Elder Atkinson brought back some McDonalds and I have never been happier.
Now for the subject of the letter... Like I said the beginning of this week was rough and we had 0 motivation to do anything and we just messed around all day and those days went so bad. Wednesday morning we buckled down and started getting really serious about our studies and staying on track. As soon as we did that the week completely turned around! We found an amazing study area away from everyone so we won't get distracted. It has a little music box and plays super awesome music and we have a super good view of the temple. As soon as we started staying super busy the spirit was much stronger and the days seemed to go by so much faster.
This week was our last week for TRC. It is crazy how far we have come since our first lesson. The first lesson was so bad and we were so uncomfortable. By the last we were delivering really great lessons and were very confident in it. My Spanish has gotten so much better!! Only when talking about the Gospel tho jajaja. On Thursday we did an English fast and talked in Spanish the entire day. By the end of the day my head hurt so bad and I was so tired that I fell right to sleep. However, it was cool to see how much easier the Spanish got by the end of the day.
One thing that has always been hard for me is that I feel like sometimes I don't always recognize the spirit. Everyone talks about how the Spirit will talk to them or give them impressions and I have never really felt that. I have felt a strong warm feeling in my chest but never any thoughts or impressions. I realized this week that that isn't a bad thing. Everyone feels the Spirit in different ways. The Spirit is the best guide we can have in our lives and it is something we should all strive to keep with us always. I know that it can help our your life so much as I have seen it help mine.
Have a good week!!
Elder Mason
Our Korean Elders
We all know BYU is better
The trinity
I play the piano just about every day around here it is one of my favorite parts of the day
We like to match
The bomb.com
Our view from our study area.
No comments:
Post a Comment