Dearest family,
Hopefully this package is making it to you by Christmas. My first Christmas away from home...I'm not gonna lie it is super hard. There's not the usual hustle and bustle or the average Christmas spirit. Hopefully it gets a little better the closer it gets. I am writing this letter a week before so who knows.
Honestly right now I would give anything to be watching Christmas movies with a fire going with you all. Our family has some of the best Christmas traditions and the spirit of Christmas is the best in our home. I miss it so much. Honestly I wasn't sure how much I would miss home but I think of you all every day. Sometimes it is the only thing that keeps me going. However, I am really happy here. Times is flying here. Let's hope these next two years go this fast. It feels like just yesterday you dropped me off and by the time you read this I will have one week left.
Alright now onto the gifts. Sorry it's not much but I had a very limited selection. These are probably the last presents you will get from me for two years because it sounds like the mail system is super corrupt. Anyways, the three stockings are for the kids. You can decide who gets which one. The shirt is for mom. I went with a medium because I wasn't sure which size. Hopefully that works. The oil vial is for Dad. It is made from the wood of an olive tree in Jerusalem. I thought that was super cool.
I hope all of you have an amazing Christmas! It sucks not being with you but I am doing the Lords works and it is where I need to be. I invite you all to really think about the true meaning of Christmas. The birth of our Savior changed this world and because of that it can change us. If I forget to tell about the talk "Behold The Man" by Elder Uchtdorf from April 2018 sunday afternoon session. It is a beautiful talk on the Savior. I love you all so much! Counting down the days until our next Christmas together.
Con Amor
-Kolbe
Kolbe's letter...It was hard to read on this so I typed it out above
MTC Christmas Day Schedule
Talking to Kolbe on Skype...best 30 minutes of all of Christmas!
All our gifts from Kolbe


No comments:
Post a Comment