(Response to Mom's weekly email)
Hola familia! This week was absolutely amazing. I have felt my faith grow so much in this week. Also my Spanish is getting a lotttt better. It is still pretty bad but I can teach the crap out of a lesson. I just got my flight plans yesterday and I am going to have a really long 14 hour day to get to Bolivia! I’ll send a picture of my itinerary. Hopefully that means I am going to Bolivia for sure. Honestly tho I am so scared to go to Bolivia. I feel like I don’t know enough Spanish and I am just going to drown. Also I feel like I am not good enough at talking to people but I am just going to have to really get out of my shell. However, I am beyond excited to experience what a mission has to offer. The Lord will strengthen me in my weaknesses (éter 12:27) and I am learning to rely on him so much. Also I cannot wait to skype you guys on Christmas!! We have time set aside for it between 12:15 and 2:15 but sadly we only get 30 minutes.
Bailey has already changed so much it’s crazy! I was actually talking about that with one of the sisters in my district. Turning into a young woman super quick! Jax, everyone here loves the hair my dude. What a kid jajaja. Glad that basketball is going well for everyone!! I am glad spencer came by! It made my day to get an email from him the other day. Definitely miss that kid. Also I was totally unaware of Ashton dumping Sean. Last I heard she was definitely still in the picture. Poor guy jajaja. I am hoping I get to see him in the airport that would be great.
About the job, that’s awesome that you have that decision open. Full time definitely sounds scary a little but I know you could do it. I honestly don’t know what to say other than follow your heart. Nuestro padre celestial le ayudará tomar una decisión! (Éter 4:12) if you can’t tell I love the book of Ether.
I explained in my email to dad about Elder Izatt but it is going much better. It’s super crazy to think I’m leaving so soon. Elder Atkinson and I were talking about how we can’t wait to catch up after the missions. He has become one of my closest friends and I am gonna be super sad to say goodbye to him the day before I leave. I’ve been lucky to have him here. Also the Christmas card is only the ones that came in with me. The other 4 weren’t around when we took it. We have missionaries going to Panama, Tempe, Mexico City, California and Bolivia. 5 of us are going to Bolivia.
Also I didn’t get the videos! But I wanna see them so maybe try again! Love all of you so much! Also sorry if some of this stuff is the same as my weekly, I wrote this last night and then just typed it out this morning before I send my weekly.
Les quiero
Elder Mason
(Response to Dad's weekly email)
Jajaja I saw your Oscar meme last week and I was impressed by it. Thanks for sharing the scripture. Elder Atkinson and I have talked a lot about it and we are really similar in the ways we feel the spirit. He had the same concerns as me and when I voiced them we have been able to talk a lot about it and we both agree with what you said about having the gift to believe others.
About Elder Izatt. I remembered a thought you had shared with me a while back about looking in the mirror before just saying a companion is awful. Sure some things he does are really hard for me to take but I have really humbled myself and taken a step back and tried to work on some things and honestly this week has been a lot better. You know how little patience I have and I have worked on that a lot and just tried to love him for who he is and it's gone so much better.
All my friend in the field were complaining while here in the MTC and now are telling me to enjoy my time here because it gets rough out in the field. I am excited to break the monotony of the MTC though.
Super excited about the age change thing. I think it should be super good. But wow on the number of boys in your quorum. Think back to Vernal where we had 5. So crazy to think about.
Sorry I am not responding to all the stuff that happened this week in the family jajajas soy perezoso y no tango mucho tiempo. Perf me gusta legend sober su semana! Les amo mucho!
Elder Mason
(Additional response throughout the day from emails)
I asked him what happened to his ankle: "I was going down the stairs and suddenly there was a big race so I joined, missed a step, ankle went sideways, all my weight went onto said ankle, now I am wearing a brace for 4 weeks. It's not going to set me back at all though. It is feeling a lot better too. I have prayed a ton about it and it's already so much better!
Regarding meeting the Elders of Bolivia: "Me and Elder Atkinson have been talking about rooming together when we come back so I'm excited to make some more friends as well. I can't wait!"
A funny thing happened last night. I was writing in my journal (haven't missed a day yet) and all of a sudden I was writing in Spanish and I didn't even realize it. It was super cool cuz I was like hey I am actually getting this.
No comments:
Post a Comment