Saturday, December 1, 2018

Week 2...(Family letter and responses to questions asked)

(Response to Mom's weekly letter)

Yes! As long as I am here send them on Friday so I can respond to them as soon as possible! The MTC was a lot better this week in terms of organization. However, it was much harder this week. I had some days where I wanted to just quit and walk home. Also there was something holding me back that shouldn't have been. I really had to lean on the Lord this week and I could really feel the strength of others pushing me along. The MTC is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life but I know that it is preparing me for a great work. My testimony is growing everyday and I hope that I am becoming a better missionary day by day. I really miss all of you back home but I know that I am doing the right thing here and that while it may be hard it is also going to be the most rewarding thing of my life. I have already felt the pure joy that comes from being a missionary. I have had the best and the worst of times here. I'll explain more in the group email. You guys are lucky you get to see the behind the scenes stuff that goes along with my stories. Anyways, the Spanish is coming along very slowly. It is super frustrating somedays especially in our lessons because I can't express myself like I wish I could. However I am trying to speak only in Spanish and it is helping me out a lot. When I do speak english it is unintentional Spanglish. I just submitted my BYU application yesterday so that is super exciting! Let's hope for the best there. 



Sounds like you all had a good week! I had to laugh when Bailey told me that Dylan had asked her to the dance. I am glad he's going.  Dances were my favorite part of high school. Also the pictures look like Jaxson's afro has doubled in size since I left jajaja. I heard about Briggs that's super awesome! 

One thing I need in the next package is pictures!! I want pictures of all of us and I want some of the pictures of me and my friends at my farewell!! I am always talking about you and about my friends and all my friends here want to see pictures so I promised I would get some. Also we are in need of christmas lights to string up in our room. And an essential here in the MTC is a speaker. I have that small grey speaker that would be perfect! Jajaja sorry for asking for so much. Love you guys so much!! 

Elder Mason

P.S.  We just got back from the temple where we did dealings.  If you want to send me the names I can do them one week!!!  Sealing's were awesome, by far the best experience I've had in the temple.  Love you mom!



(Letter to his dad)
I’m sure you saw the pictures but this Wednesday I was able to wear your name tag for the day and it was a super awesome thing. Everyone thought that it was super cool that I was wearing it and it actually helped me out a ton in my TRC lesson.  She asked why my name tag was different and I explained that you had sent me yours and how I had learned from a father who loved the Lord about how much God loves me and how he will listen to our prayers. I just thought I would share that experience with you because I thought it was really awesome. I’m probably going to try and wear it once a week while I am here. But it is a great reminder to me about what this mission really means we are creating a legacy of missionary work here and I’m super glad I had your example to follow. Thanks for everything dad I love you!



Elder Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment