Hello everyone! I made it down to Bolivia finally and my my my it is interesting. It is nothing quite like I have ever seen. I made it here on Wednesday after a super long day of traveling. We had a nice meal at the mission home and then we went and stayed the night at the temple at the hotel there. The mission home is in a really nice area of town and so it gave me a really false conception of what Bolivia was like. We were living large the first night. The next morning I went and met my companion Elder Gramatico. He is from Buenos Aires and is 25 years old. He is a recent convert and decided he needed to serve a mission and he is super great. This week has been super crazy and honestly the hardest week of my life. It is so hard to be surrounded by Spanish all the time when I barely speak it but it is getting slightly better each day. Luckily my district leader Elder Grossen is super super awesome and we talk all the time on the phone at night to help me out.
We ride in little mini vans called trufis everywhere we go. It is so weird but I am coming to love them. The native population here are called Cholitas and they are everywhere. They all wear skirts and hats and are quite funny. And then there are dogs everywhere. In the area we live in there are about 3 stray dogs for every person. Our house is way out of town and we have to travel forever to get anywhere. I am hoping this week gets a little better. Please keep us in your prayers. }




No comments:
Post a Comment