Hola friends and family I hope you all had a great week. This week was super awesome and challenging as well. I am learning a ton of patience from my comp and am learning how to work super hard. We work our butts off and I am always exhausted by the end of the night. But I am loving this. I am getting so much more confident in my Spanish and have improved so much. I still have a long ways to go however. I am starting to love Bolivia even with all of its craziness.
I had a super awesome experience this week. I was struggling with my comp and went out on our balcony and prayed really hard. I felt a lot better and the spirit was back. We started walking to our cita that we had planned and I felt that we needed to climb up this hill a little ways from our house and it was weird but I asked my comp if we could and he said sure. We hiked up to the top and when we got there a teenager on a bike walked up as well and we started talking about how pretty the sunset was. We went on to teach him the restauration and he was super engaged in it and we set a cita for another day to teach more. We asked him what he was doing on top of the hill and he said he didnt know he just felt like he wanted to go up there to see the sunset. We walked back with him and he lives right around the corner from us nearly a half a mile away from this hill. It was definitely inspired by the Spirit and I cant wait to see what we can do with him.
I have learned so much here on the mission about following the promptings of the spirit. No matter how small or insignificant we feel it is. No matter how odd it is. It is so important to follow. Elder Bednar teaches that we need to stop worrying about if an impression is from us or the spirit. If it is a good thought, DONT THINK SO MUCH ABOUT IT! Everything good comes from God and we just need to put our trust in him. He will never lead us astray.
Les quiero mucho!
Elder Mason
View from my house
The hill we climbed and met the kid on
Rainy days
Gringo power!
My new guitar!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment