Hey there friends and family this week was absolutely insane. I thought it was going to be my last week here in Villa Mexico as did everyone else but our president likes to throw a curve ball every once in a while so I will be staying here one cambio more with an Elder Britez from Argentina. Aparently he speaks a ton of English which might not be good for me but I have heard nothing but good about him so I am really excited. Anyways here are a couple highlights.
Spiritual experience: We had the baptism of the Familia Rosas that we have been teaching this cambio. They are so awesome and got baptized in just 4 weeks which is incredible. The Lord prepared them so much and they are amazing. We were able to baptize Kevin and Martha and their other kid Eric should get baptized in 2 weeks! The service was super awesome and the spirit was so strong. It was a super good way to end the cambio.
Funny experience: Well I dont know if I should put this under the funny category or not but it is kinda funny now so we will roll with it. On Sunday we were going around saying good bye to everyone for me and we had two families cook us pique which is possibly some of the greatest food on the planet. We both about threw up because we ate so much but after the second one the guy drove us home. Here in bolivia there are no such thing as stop signs and it is rather scary. We were going and I looked over and saw a dirt bike speeding towards us in the inter section. I turned to Wamsley and said I think we are going to hit that guy and sure enough he hit us and it was so crazy but then he just drove away and the guy laughed so we laughed about it too and it was wild.
Also for the baptism the heaters for the water wouldnt turn on and so we had to fill up the font with cold water. We had promised our investigators it would be very warm and it was so cold it took my breath away when I got in the water. When Kevin got in he took about 15 minutes and kept saying to me "I thought you said this would be warm". We finally got him in and he did great but it was so funny.
Scripture of the week: 2 Nefi 22
Kevin and Martha
Our Mini Noche Blanca jajaja
No comments:
Post a Comment