Monday, February 18, 2019

Week 7 in the field

After we got done talking on Monday I decided that I was going to share more with you guys so I am going to keep a journal of sorts and copy it on Monday. I will write a day by day report for you. Sorry I haven't done very good at that. 

Monday- After writing you guys I was super happy and really motivated to get better here and it was great. We went to the house of Andrea so that E Gramatico could say bye. Later we went and had a noche do hogar with the Lopez family. Hermano Lopez is the leader of missionary work in the stake. We are doing an activity in the ward to try to build excitement for missionary work called #lafuerzademifamilia. Basically the members have to do certain things with the missionaries and invite a non-member friend. They have to take a picture of every thing. We are excited to see if we can get some new references through this challenge. On the way there we gound a little pizza shop and decided to stop by after. It was so amazing. Definitely going to visit more often.






Tuesday - I basically figured this could be my journal and I am going to use my journal for special/crazy stories. Today was a super crazy day. We went to find our comps with E Stringfellow at the airport and when we got there E Spencer was there and we talked for a while. and it was super awesome. Our comps were supposed to arrive at 12 and we got a call saying the flight was delayed due to rain and that it would arrive at 4. We had to stay at the airport and so we were super bored. At 3 we got a call saying the flight was cancelled and they would come tomorrow. E Stingfellow and I became comps for the day and we only have 3 cambios between the two of us. I had 4 citas so we worked my area. We had a wild 1st cita but it went so well and we felt the spirit so strong. The only problem is the guy was drunk. What and experience. Two gringos who barely speak spanish talking to a drunk. Somehow we understood everything tho. All of our other citas fell through so we just cantacted and it was so fun and great. I was so confident and it was the best day of my mission so far. We got home to his house and told crazy stories all night. 

Wednesday - I was pooped this morning because we stayed up till 1 talking. We were expecting our comps at 11:30 but we got a call from an Elder in Sucre where they were that they werent gonna leave until 1. Last night we called the zone leaders to tell them we were home and they had no clue our comps didnt show up and knew nothing. We got another call saying they would be in at 4 so we started studying and at 2:30 I got a call from Elder Wamsley saying he was in the airport and asked where we were at. We hurried and ran to the airport and they were there waiting.  Elder Wamsley is so sick. He is from Missouri and was a quarter back in high school and loves basketball too. We had a really good day. We talked a lot about the things we want to do in the area and I am so excited. Hes a super hard worker and a dang good missionary.

Thursday- I got super sick this morning and so I slept in a little. We went with Elder Stringfellow and Clyde to the bishops house and talked to him and got blessings from him. It was a really cool experience. We planned our week and we are going to do some awesome things. Bishop invited us over for Pique and cake so we went back later. We had a cita with Andrea and she was super mad that Gramatico was gone and barelt talked to us. It really upset me. Something super funny that happened is that an old lady got on the truffi and started preaching to the whole truffi. When we left Andreas house Sharlit asked me if I thought she was ready to be baptized and told me she was scared her friends wouldnt accept her if she got baptized. I told her shes been ready and everthing would work out. It was a super cool experience with her. 

Friday- Today we had our district meeting and our new district/zone is super awesome. We had a pretty normal day and just did our studies after lunch. At 6:30 we had a cita with a super awesome family, the familia martinez. It is the mom and her 4 kids. For the first half of the lesson she thought we were Jehovahs Witnesses. I distracted her while Elder Wamsley deleted the JW app off her phone and downloaded Gospel Library. It was super funny and smooth. After the lessons they all committed to baptism on March 23. Wamsley, Stringfellow, Clyde and I are trying to do a Noche Blanca where we have a ton of baptisms on that day. It hopefully will be really cool. We went to a noche de hogar, the 4 of us, at a members house and it was really awesome. The elders right now are awesome and we are working hard with the ward.

Saturday- I am so happy and am loving everything about the mission right now. I have elarned so much from Elder Wamsley. Today was such a good day. We went with Stringfellow and Clyde to eat a quick lunch of pique. We found our our investigator Arturo is in rehab and wont get out for 3 years if his family has their way. We waited an hour for a truffi to find that our so that sucked. I am really upset with Andrea. We went to her house for a NDH and she wouldnt talk to us. She is mad Gramatico is gone. However life is super awesome here right now. We have 12 fechas right now so we are working hard. 

Sunday - Last night Elder Wamsley and I were talking about our futures and I realized I got my notification on my BYU application on Friday and I have been stressing all day. We had a super tranquilo day at church and when we went to our pench for lunch he told us the Church announced that missionaries can video chat home once a week and we didnt know if it was fr or not so we were stressing all day. We had a super weird day. We went to a cita with our investigator Briss and the first thing she said to us is that she doesnt want to be baptized because she went to the catholic church with her friends and she felt better there. We talked about her beliefs and pushed her date back a little. I have no clue what happened because she was so ready. Andrea tried to say that we forgot about her because we didnt go everyday like when Gramatico was here. She wont talk to Wamsley and it is making us mad. We accidentally took the wrong truffi today and got really lost. All of our citas fell through so we came back to the house at 7 and now I am writing this. Tonight we are gonna watch a movie. As I am writing this I am looking out the window at the sunset and it is crazy to think how much I have changed in one week. Last week I hated everything about this and now theres nothing but love for the mission. I am super grateful for elder Wamsley.

 Jace Spencer from Vernal


 Elder Wamsley and I studying and making a plan for the week
 Some rings Elder Wamsley bought be at a flee market.  One is my BYU ring, one is my American ring, and one is my Bolivia ring





















No comments:

Post a Comment