Hello Everyone!
I have been in the MTC for 4 days now and it has been so amazing but very confusing. Some of you know I was supposed to be going to the Mexico MTC but due to visa issues I was relocated to the Provo MTC. No one here was planning on us coming this week so no one knows what to do with us. There are 7 elders in my district that came in on Tuesday with me and we have basically had to figure stuff out on our own. We had no orientation or welcome like missionaries normally would. On Tuesday night when we showed up to our classroom our Branch President had no clue that we were coming. We got put into a district that has been here for a week so we have half been following their schedule but also doing some of our own stuff. The first few days were very confusing but we are in the groove of things now and it is going a lot better.
My companion is Elder Izatt (pronounced eye zit) from Gillette Wyoming. We don't have anything in common really except for our shared love of music. It has been a little bit of a struggle to get used to being with someone 24/7, especially someone that I don't click with but he is a spiritual giant and a very kind elder so I don't really have complaints. Luckily I have two really good friends in my district already in Elder Durham and Elder Orton. Elder Durham is from Fredericksburg (?) Virginia and we have basically everything in common. We both play soccer, play guitar and piano, and love to disc golf!! He has been here for a week and is really helping me with my Spanish.
Spanish is coming along very slowly but hopefully it gets better. We have what they call Basic Core and I have almost completed it and my Spanish has actually come a really long way. The other day I said a 3 minute prayer completely in Spanish and I am working on using Spanish as much as possible. We found out yesterday that on Monday we will be teaching a lesson in Spanish and we are all super nervous because usually they wait until your third week to make you teach. Since we are in the district that has been here a week we have to do it with them. We know very little so please pray for us. It might be very rough.
As many of you know I was upset for a while when I found out I would be going to Provo instead of Mexico. However I have come to understand that everything truly does happen for a reason. I am so grateful to have come to Provo. It has blessed me in countless ways. This Thanksgiving week was very special here at the MTC. The spirit that has resided here is absolutely amazing. On Thanksgiving we had 3 devotionals and were able to watch The Other Side of Heaven. The speaker for the first devotional was Elder Uchtdorf!!!! He delivered a powerful message about staying grateful through adversity and it really calmed a lot of my fears. Elder Izatt and I were in the choir and he started walking around shaking hands. He walked past our two roommates Elder Atkinson and Elder Hedelius and shook their hands and I turned to Elder Izatt and said "who gave us the bad advice of joining the choir?" No sooner had I said that, he turned up our row and we got to shake his hand!!!!! He is such an awesome man and the spirit was so strong. Later we heard from a lady in the relief society presidency who talked about how missions will change our lives and later we had a music devotional from Tanner James and Michael Dowdle. It was so awesome!! If I hadn't come to Provo I wouldn't have experienced those things.
Sorry this is so long there was just so much to tell you all this week! I hope everything is going well. My P Day will be on Saturday while I am in the MTC. I would love to hear from you all. I can read emails throughout the week but can only respond today. My MTC mailing address is:
Elder Kolbe Mark Mason
01-01 BOL-COCH
2005 N 900 E, Unit #314
Provo UT 84602
Te Quiero!!
Elder Mason
Kolbe and Elder Izatt

No comments:
Post a Comment