(A response to an email I sent him earlier in the week)
Hi mom! This has been the hardest but most rewarding week of my life. The spirit has been so strong the entire time. I haven't been sleeping much (please send melatonin) because my thoughts are so scrambled all the time. I keep thinking in Spanish so that is pretty cool! It has been really rough adapting to my companion Elder Izatt but like I said in the weekly, I have a lot of friends that we are always with so it isn't too bad! He is really such an awesome guy though and I have come to love him in the little time that we have spent together. He is always so positive about me to everyone and brags about how I have the gift of tongues. He is struggling with the language so if you could keep him in your prayers I would appreciate it! I keep wishing that I could talk to you all more but the homesickness isn't too bad. I am generally too busy to even think about it. We are in class from 8-lunch and then 6-9 and so we are always very busy. I am extremely stressed about Monday because we have to teach a full lesson in Spanish to a real person. I really miss all of you back home but I know that I am here doing the right thing. Satan has been working hard on me making me feel inadequate. I keep having thoughts that I can't do this and maybe I should just go home but I know that is the adversary and I am here for the long haul. Sorry I don't have any pictures this week! It has been so crazy I haven't taken but a few and they were on the Hermanas iPads and they haven't sent them to us yet. When I get them I will forward them along to you! I can respond to emails until 6:00 tonight but we are only allowed to respond once. Google chat, contrary to prior belief, is not allowed. But I would love to hear form everyone back home. Like I said please keep Elder Izatt in your prayers because he is struggling very hard right now. Can't wait to hear from you all! Love you lots!
(His weekly letter to us as a family separate form the group letter. I got ahead of him and asked him a few questions from his group email so he answered a few of those question in this email as well)
I've been looking forward to sending an email all week! I am super happy here but it is definitely hard work. I wish I had Thanksgiving with you guys but it wasn't too bad here. I was shocked at how unprepared they were for us but it is getting a lot better! I'm just trying to smile through everything.
The lesson shouldn't be happening until the next week but we are trying to prepare for it as best as we can!
No my companion isn't my favorite and he drives me crazy a lot of the time but he really is a great guy. He's like Dakota Durham before he went anti. Just goofy but he's super strong spirited and I've learned a lot from him. Sorry I don't have pictures. We took a lot on the hermanas phones but they haven't sent them to us yet. Next week there will be lots.
Shaking Elder Uchdorfs hand was awesome! He looked me right in the eye and said "Thank you for your service." It was awesome!
Also yes I got the package. Thank you! The microfiber towel worked well but it was a little different so it was nice to have the soft towel and the kinder joy! I would like to hear how everything is going for you all back home. There's no real homesickness so it would be cool to hear about what you are doing!
Hope you guys are enjoying your break! Tell everyone hello and that I love them! I miss you all!
Te quiero mucho!
Kolbe
(His response to my questions form his family letter)
So far only Elder Izatt is going to Cochabamba with me but the other Elders in my room are going to a different Bolivia mission and so are the two other elders in our district. They're all awesome! A funny thing happened this week is while we were at dinner Elder Gomez from our district said to me "Elder Mason in the future you will be a young mens president. You have that face." Elder Hernandez our district leader turned to him and said "Elder you look like a Relief Society President." It was so funny we all died. We always joke with Elder Gomez that he doesn't know what he's talking about and that he wasn't even a member before he came here and that his mom dropped him off because she thought it was military school Jajaja probably not funny to you guys but super funny to us!
Hi mom! This has been the hardest but most rewarding week of my life. The spirit has been so strong the entire time. I haven't been sleeping much (please send melatonin) because my thoughts are so scrambled all the time. I keep thinking in Spanish so that is pretty cool! It has been really rough adapting to my companion Elder Izatt but like I said in the weekly, I have a lot of friends that we are always with so it isn't too bad! He is really such an awesome guy though and I have come to love him in the little time that we have spent together. He is always so positive about me to everyone and brags about how I have the gift of tongues. He is struggling with the language so if you could keep him in your prayers I would appreciate it! I keep wishing that I could talk to you all more but the homesickness isn't too bad. I am generally too busy to even think about it. We are in class from 8-lunch and then 6-9 and so we are always very busy. I am extremely stressed about Monday because we have to teach a full lesson in Spanish to a real person. I really miss all of you back home but I know that I am here doing the right thing. Satan has been working hard on me making me feel inadequate. I keep having thoughts that I can't do this and maybe I should just go home but I know that is the adversary and I am here for the long haul. Sorry I don't have any pictures this week! It has been so crazy I haven't taken but a few and they were on the Hermanas iPads and they haven't sent them to us yet. When I get them I will forward them along to you! I can respond to emails until 6:00 tonight but we are only allowed to respond once. Google chat, contrary to prior belief, is not allowed. But I would love to hear form everyone back home. Like I said please keep Elder Izatt in your prayers because he is struggling very hard right now. Can't wait to hear from you all! Love you lots!
(His weekly letter to us as a family separate form the group letter. I got ahead of him and asked him a few questions from his group email so he answered a few of those question in this email as well)
I've been looking forward to sending an email all week! I am super happy here but it is definitely hard work. I wish I had Thanksgiving with you guys but it wasn't too bad here. I was shocked at how unprepared they were for us but it is getting a lot better! I'm just trying to smile through everything.
The lesson shouldn't be happening until the next week but we are trying to prepare for it as best as we can!
No my companion isn't my favorite and he drives me crazy a lot of the time but he really is a great guy. He's like Dakota Durham before he went anti. Just goofy but he's super strong spirited and I've learned a lot from him. Sorry I don't have pictures. We took a lot on the hermanas phones but they haven't sent them to us yet. Next week there will be lots.
Shaking Elder Uchdorfs hand was awesome! He looked me right in the eye and said "Thank you for your service." It was awesome!
Also yes I got the package. Thank you! The microfiber towel worked well but it was a little different so it was nice to have the soft towel and the kinder joy! I would like to hear how everything is going for you all back home. There's no real homesickness so it would be cool to hear about what you are doing!
Hope you guys are enjoying your break! Tell everyone hello and that I love them! I miss you all!
Te quiero mucho!
Kolbe
(His response to my questions form his family letter)
So far only Elder Izatt is going to Cochabamba with me but the other Elders in my room are going to a different Bolivia mission and so are the two other elders in our district. They're all awesome! A funny thing happened this week is while we were at dinner Elder Gomez from our district said to me "Elder Mason in the future you will be a young mens president. You have that face." Elder Hernandez our district leader turned to him and said "Elder you look like a Relief Society President." It was so funny we all died. We always joke with Elder Gomez that he doesn't know what he's talking about and that he wasn't even a member before he came here and that his mom dropped him off because she thought it was military school Jajaja probably not funny to you guys but super funny to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment